Can you receive compensation if you slip and fall and reinjure an old injury?

Posted By on November 13, 2015

Last Update: 02/03/16

In this video, Alan Sackrin answers a question that he has been asked many times before by clients and visitors to this site. If you have questions after watching the video, Alan is available to talk with you now and answer your questions free of charge:

Q: Can you receive compensation if you slip and fall and reinjure an old injury?

A: In many cases, people make claims for what’s called aggravations of preexisting conditions or activations of latent conditions. It happens in many, many cases and, yes, you can obtain compensation for aggravation of a preexisting condition. It will be up to the doctors to testify and you to testify as to how your condition is worse now than it was before the incident. It will then be up to the jury if the case does not settle to apportion the damages and try to state how much of your damage was preexisted the accident and how much of your damage was caused from the accident.

Do you have questions or comments? Then please feel free to send Alan an email or call him now at (954) 458-8655.



If you found this information helpful, please share this article and bookmark it for your future reference.


Leave a Reply

Please note: Comment moderation is currently enabled so there will be a delay between when you post your comment and when it shows up. Patience is a virtue; there is no need to re-submit your comment.