Get A Free Initial Consultation: (954) 458-8655

In this video, Alan Sackrin answers a question that he has been asked many times before by clients and visitors to this site. If you have questions after watching the video, Alan is available to talk with you now and answer your questions free of charge:

Q: How can I get a copy of any internal investigation of my slip and fall?

A: That’s a difficult question. If you’re in some stores or business establishments, an accident report will be prepared. If you sign that accident report, many times they will give you the accident report. If it’s an accident report that the store or business establishment is required to fill out pursuant to its insurance company’s requirements, then you will not receive a copy of it. It will even be difficult for your lawyers to obtain a copy of that in a lawsuit because it’s protected by something called work product. You can ask for one at the scene if one is filled out, and sometimes the store manager or assistant store manager will give it to you. If in fact you have signed your name to it or you have indicated how the accident occurred in your own handwriting, even if you’re not given the accident report at that point in time, during a lawsuit the store will have to turn it over to your lawyer.



Do you have questions or comments? Then please feel free to send Alan an email or call him now at (954) 458-8655.



If you found this information helpful, please share this article and bookmark it for your future reference.
(Visited 7 times, 1 visits today)