by Alan Sackrin – Florida Lawyer Since 1982 – Board Certified Civil Trial Lawyer
The most often asked question of a personal injury lawyer by accident victims is what is there case worth. I understand the desire to know this information because victims want to know if they are going to be made whole.
For this reason, below are my opinions of the average values of various Florida personal injury cases along with links to my website where you can see samples of settlements I obtained. My opinion of value is based upon my cases, my 35+ years of experience as a personal injury lawyer, my review of jury verdict reporters and other trade publications as well as talking with other personal injury lawyers whose opinion I respect. Of course, there are multiple factors that impact the amount of a settlement, including, among other variables, the severity of the injuries, the age of the victim, is the victim employed or unable to work, is the injury to a dominant limb, and fault.
- Average Grocery Store Slip and Fall Settlement: $35,000.00
- Average Car Accident Settlement: $30,000.00
- Average Rear-End Car Accident Settlement: $20,000.00
- Average Ankle Injury Settlement (w/ surgery): $175,000.00
- Average City Owned Property Slip and Fall Settlement: $25,000.00
- Average Cruise Ship Slip And Fall Settlement: $35,000.00
- Average Defamation Settlement: $35,000.00
- Average Dog Bite Settlement: $30,000.00
- Average Herniated Disc Settlement (w/ surgery): $200,000.00
- Average Herniated Disc Settlement (without surgery): $50,000.00
- Average Hospital Slip and Fall Settlement: $40,000.00
- Average Hotel Negligence Settlement: $40,000.00
- Average Non-Grocery Store Slip and Fall Settlement: $30,000.00
- Average Pedestrian Accident Settlement: $70,000.00
- Average Product Liability Settlement: $100,000.00
- Average Shoulder Injury Settlement (w/ surgery): $150,000.00
- Average Significant Sprain and/or Strain Settlement: $20,000.00
- Average Whiplash Settlement: $20,000.00
- Average Wrist Injury Settlement (w/ surgery): $125,000.00
- Average Wrongful Death Settlement: $750,000.00
Note: These numbers are an average, some cases will settle for a lot more and some for a lot less. Also, these numbers are for illustrative purposes and should not be relied upon as each case is unique and each case should be evaluated on its own merits. Settlements include pre-suit settlements, after the lawsuit is filed settlements and jury awards.
Want To Know More?
If you would like to know more about Alan Sackrin and his credentials, please feel free to contact him by email or by calling him at our office. Our office telephone number is (954) 458-8655.
Additionally, you can learn about Alan Sackrin’s qualifications as an expert personal injury lawyer on his About Me page.