Get A Free Initial Consultation: (954) 458-8655

In this video, Alan Sackrin answers a question that he has been asked many times before by clients and visitors to this site. If you have questions after watching the video, Alan is available to talk with you now and answer your questions free of charge:

Q: How does a jury decide if I can collect special damages in a trip and fall lawsuit?

A: Damages are differentiated between special and general damages. General damages are pain and suffering, medical expenses, and lost wages. Special damages are damages such as having to change your house or add grab bars into showers or make special accommodations in your house which cost money as a result of an injury. Therefore it’s going to be proven by your testimony, as well as the testimony of the physicians who will opine that your injury necessitates that your house needs to be accommodated with the installation of grab bars or other items. There are many other areas of special damages but the way they are proven are with the nature of the injury and medical testimony, which medical testimony will detail what items you need in addition to just the general medical expenses.



Do you have questions or comments? Then please feel free to send Alan an email or call him now at (954) 458-8655.



If you found this information helpful, please share this article and bookmark it for your future reference.
(Visited 12 times, 1 visits today)