Get A Free Initial Consultation: (954) 458-8655

In this video, Alan Sackrin answers a question that he has been asked many times before by clients and visitors to this site. If you have questions after watching the video, Alan is available to talk with you now and answer your questions free of charge:

Q: What kind of damages can I receive if my parent dies in a car accident?

A: The age of you as a child will in most instances determine what type of damages you can receive from the death of a parent in a motor vehicle collision. In Florida, if the spouse that dies is survived by a spouse (So, if the father is killed and the mother is still alive), any child under the age of 25 at the time of the death can recover money for mental pain and suffering. Any relative can recover money for loss of support and services no matter how old. Those are economic damages. Again, the non-economic damages, the mental anguish, can only be recovered by children who are under 25 years of age at the time of the accident with one exception. If the parent dies in an accident, leaving no surviving spouse, let’s say they’re divorced or the other spouse predeceased, then any child, even adult, even 25 years of age or older, can recover for his or her mental pain and suffering.



Do you have questions or comments? Then please feel free to send Alan an email or call him now at (954) 458-8655.



If you found this information helpful, please share this article and bookmark it for your future reference.

(Visited 9 times, 1 visits today)