Get A Free Initial Consultation: (954) 458-8655

In this video, Alan Sackrin answers a question that he has been asked many times before by clients and visitors to this site. If you have questions after watching the video, Alan is available to talk with you now and answer your questions free of charge:

Q: Can you collect damages in a car accident if you have no permanent injury?

A: In most Florida automobile accident cases, in Florida, in order to recover for what’s called non-economic damages, which are your pain and suffering and inconvenience and your disability and inability to lead a normal life, in order to recover those types of damages, in most cases the injured person must prove that he or she sustained a permanent injury within a reasonable degree of medical probability. That is an opinion which his or her doctor will give. Many times the doctor will say there’s a permanent injury, but the insurance company’s doctor will say there’s not a permanent injury. Therefore, the jury will decide but if the jury decides that there is no permanent injury, you cannot recover monetary damages for your pain and suffering in Florida automobile cases only. You still can recover money for unpaid medical expenses and unpaid lost wages, but those usually aren’t sufficient enough to warrant the filing of a lawsuit.



Do you have questions or comments? Then please feel free to send Alan an email or call him now at (954) 458-8655.



If you found this information helpful, please share this article and bookmark it for your future reference.
(Visited 9 times, 1 visits today)