Get A Free Initial Consultation: (954) 458-8655

Last Update: 02/08/16

In this video, Alan Sackrin answers a question that he has been asked many times before by clients and visitors to this site. If you have questions after watching the video, Alan is available to talk with you now and answer your questions free of charge:

Q: How do I recover emotional distress damages?

A: You recover emotional distress damages through testimony. You’ll need your medical doctor and medical records to prove what physical injuries you sustain, as well as how those injuries effect your life. Many times injuries leave people with significant emotional distress to the point where the become depressed and have see counselors, such as psychologists, psychiatrists or social workers. These experts will have to come into court and testify to prove the anguish that you’ve sustain as a result of the accident. Additionally, you will have to bring in any mental heath counselors who you saw before the accident, if any, so the jury can quantify what mental anguish you had before the accident versus what mental anguish you’ve had after the accident. The critical testimony will be from you and people close to you, as well as the medical professionals.



Do you have questions or comments? Then please feel free to send Alan an email or call him now at (954) 458-8655.



If you found this information helpful, please share this article and bookmark it for your future reference.

Pin It on Pinterest