Get A Free Initial Consultation: (954) 458-8655

In this video, Alan Sackrin answers a question that he has been asked many times before by clients and visitors to this site. If you have questions after watching the video, Alan is available to talk with you now and answer your questions free of charge:

Q: What if I don’t have medical insurance and I am concerned about my medical expenses?

A: The fact that a person, an accident victim does not have medical insurance is a tremendous worry to many people. If you’re in a car accident, the PIP, or no fault insurance from the car will cover some of those medical expenses, however, if you’re in a slip and fall case and don’t have health insurance, many doctors, many qualified doctors will treat you on what’s known as a Letter of Protection, LOP for short wherein the doctor agrees to be paid out of the proceeds of any settlement or jury verdict you receive. Now often times the doctor will charge more than he would had you had health insurance because the doctor is taking the risk of possibly not even getting paid, even though you will always be liable to pay it in the event you do not recover, but that is one avenue and many patients are seen on what’s known as Letters of Protection.



Do you have questions or comments? Then please feel free to send Alan an email or call him now at (954) 458-8655.



If you found this information helpful, please share this article and bookmark it for your future reference.

Pin It on Pinterest